Here's what's happening at Brownell during the week of October 7. Keep up with Brownell events by bookmarking the updated calendar!
Clubs Update: THIS WEEK
- ASB meeting in room 44 Tuesday @ 2:46 - 3:15 p.m., Officers until 3:30 p.m. ~ Mrs. Brower
- CJSF meeting in room 20 Wednesday during 8th grade lunch - 12:30 - 1:01 p.m. ~ Mrs. Kalman
- Bruins Believe in Kindness Club in room 34 Wednesday @ 2:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. ~ Mrs. Fortino
- Yearbook meeting in room 45 Wednesday @ 2:45 p.m. ~ Mrs. Garrido & Mrs. Kalman
- Gamers Guild in room 20 Thursday @ 2:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. ~ Mrs. Kalman, Mr. Feisthamel & Mr. Bryde
- Multicultural Club in the Library Friday @ 2:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. ~ Mrs. Pascual Domingo
Please email the club coordinator is you should have any questions: https://brownell.gilroyunified.org/our-staff
Sports Update: THIS WEEK
Practice: Monday through Thursday in the MPR from 3-4:30 p.m.
Congratulations Cross Country team, we took 2nd place as a team at the divisional meet last week! Every runner who ran the meet last week will run at League finals this Thursday, October 10 @ Christmas Hill Park
- Tuesday, October 8th practice at Christmas Hill. Please pick your athlete at @ 4:30 p.m. at Christmas Hill Park.
- Thursday, October 10th League Finals @ Christmas Hill Park, athletes please be there by 3:15 p.m.
8th Grade Girls Basketball next practice schedule is Tuesday & Thursday 3:00 to 4:30 p.m. in the gym.
- Email: email@example.com
6th/7th grade girls tryouts are on October 11th, 13th (1st cut) & 14th (final roster) Contact Coach Santiago with any questions.
Tryouts start after school and will end at 4:30 p.m. Please bring indoor & outdoor shoes.
Brownell Sweatshirts available for $30.00 in gray or black.
Brownell Sweatpants for $25.00 in black only!
Bruin spirit wear can be purchased before or after school in Room 5 with Mrs. Groppe.
October 14 - 18 College Week
CJSF Spirit Week
Monday: Academics and Athletes Day (Nerd wear or jerseys)
Tuesday: Dress for Success Day (Dress professional/ career focused)
Wednesday: Bruin Wear (Support current Education)
Thursday: High School Wear (Next steps in education)
Friday: College Wear
ASB Spirit Week and Dance
October 21-25, 2019
Attention 8th Graders:
GECA - 8th Grade Presentation Visit @ Brownell: October 24 @ 8:45 a.m.
Recruitment Night (In-District): October 29th from 6-8pm @ GECA - MPR
Applications: GECA will begin accepting applications October 14th, but the application period closes on November 22nd.
Recommendation forms: Instructions to recommenders to submit forms only via e-mail or fax directly to the school from the recommender, and GECA will accept recommendation forms between November 18 - December 13th.
Please download application on GECA website: or by clicking the buttons below:
Pop UP Library During Lunches - Schedule for 2019-20
The Santa Clara County Library Book Mobile will be on our Brownell campus this week on Thursday during lunches. We are so fortunate to have them every second Thursday of the month. Please do not forget to say “thank you” to all the SCCLD volunteers.
Don't Miss Out On This Year's Yearbook
Online ordering is available again this year!
Yearbooks are $45. The book with a nameplate is $53.50 or the book with a nameplate and up to two symbols/icons is $55.50 (available until Jan. 10).
- To order in person, order forms are available using the link below, in the front office and Room 20. Cash or checks are accepted. Make checks out to Brownell Middle school. Be sure to get a receipt.
- To order online, go to Yearbook Order Center and use school code 6480.
For more information, contact yearbook coordinators: Mrs. Garrido in Room 45 (firstname.lastname@example.org) and
Mrs. Kalman in Room 20 (email@example.com or call 669-205-5100).
Please download yearbook forms below:
Yearbook Dedication 2019-20
All forms, money and photos must be receive by Friday, Feb 21, 2020, to be included in the 2019-20 yearbooks. Space are available on a first come first serve basis.
Parent Teacher Conferences - October 22, 23 & 24, 2019 in the MPR. 1:39 p.m. Release Days for our students!
More information to follow.
Attn: 8th Grade Students/Parents
On Monday, November 4, all 8th grade students will be taking an exam called the PSAT. Students, this exam will help measure your readiness for college level classes and prepare you for the actual SAT exam which you take in high school. Please see the enclosed "Student Guide" and begin to familiarize yourself with the types of questions you will be asked. The Counselors will be in Math classes next week with more information.
Thank You and Good Luck!
Carlos Trujillo, Counselor N-Z and Spanish speaking students. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kara Armijo, Counselor A-M. Email: email@example.com
Thank you for supporting our school!!!