Here's what's happening at Brownell during the week of November 4-8. Keep up with Brownell events by bookmarking the updated calendar!
Monday, November 4th - Noon Release Day
Please plan accordingly!
ATTN: 8th Grade Students and Parents
This is a friendly reminder that on Monday, Nov 4th, 8th grade students are taking the PSAT exam. Students please report to your 2nd period class that Monday. Lunch will be served 8th period. (11:41 a.m. -12:00 p.m.)
ALL students will be dismissed on Monday, November 4th at noon. (12:00 p.m.)
Get plenty of rest and sleep Sunday night. Make sure to bring a pencil and a calculator on Monday!
Incoming 9th Graders NEWS:
Applications: GECA began accepting applications October 14th, but the application period closes on November 22nd.
Recommendation forms: Instructions to recommenders to submit forms only via e-mail or fax directly to the school from the recommender, and GECA will accept recommendation forms between November 18 - December 13th.
Please download application on GECA website: or by clicking the buttons below:
ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT FUNDRAISER
Please support our Athletic Department first fundraiser for school year 2019-20!!!
Order Forms Due - November 6, 2019
Clubs Update: THIS WEEK
- ASB meeting in room 44 Tuesday @ 2:46 - 3:15 p.m., Officers until 3:30 p.m. ~ Mrs. Brower
- CJSF meeting in room 20 Wednesday during 8th grade lunch - 12:30 - 1:01 p.m. ~ Mrs. Kalman
- Bruins Believe in Kindness Club in room 34 Wednesday @ 2:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. ~ Mrs. Fortino
- Yearbook meeting in room 45 Wednesday @ 2:45 p.m. ~ Mrs. Garrido & Mrs. Kalman
- Gamers Guild in room 20 Thursday @ 2:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. ~ Mrs. Kalman, Mr. Feisthamel & Mr. Bryde
- Multicultural Club in the Library Friday @ 2:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. ~ Mrs. Pascual Domingo
Please email the club coordinator is you should have any questions: https://brownell.gilroyunified.org/our-staff
Sports Update: THIS WEEK
Practice @ Brownell Nov. 4 & 6 in the MPR from 3:00-4:30 p.m.; Nov. 8 @ Antdawgs(optional)
Game @ Brownell vs Valley Christian in the MPR @ 4:00 p.m.
6/7th Grade Girls Basketball:
Monday - Practice 12:00-1:00 p.m.
Tuesday - Game @ Brownell vs ASMS
Wednesday - Pictures Day - only 2:45-3:30 p.m.
Thursday - Game @ Brownell vs Murphy 3:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Don't Miss Out On This Year's Yearbook
Online ordering is available again this year!
Yearbooks are $45. The book with a nameplate is $53.50 or the book with a nameplate and up to two symbols/icons is $55.50 (available until Jan. 10).
- To order in person, order forms are available using the link below, in the front office and Room 20. Cash or checks are accepted. Make checks out to Brownell Middle school. Be sure to get a receipt.
- To order online, go to Yearbook Order on-line and use school code 6480.
Please download yearbook forms below:
Yearbook Dedication 2019-20
All forms, money and photos must be receive by Friday, Feb 21, 2020, to be included in the 2019-20 yearbooks. Space are available on a first come first serve basis.
Thank you for supporting our school!