Here's what's happening at Brownell during the week of November 18. Keep up with Brownell events by bookmarking the updated calendar!
Happy Birthday Mickey and Minnie Mouse!!!
Monday, November 18 – Spirit Day
Monday is Mickey and Minnie Mouse's birthday. Celebrate by dressing up as Mickey or Minnie or your other favorite Disney character.
Clubs Update: THIS WEEK
- ASB meeting in room 44 Tuesday @ 2:46 - 3:15 p.m., Officers until 3:30 p.m. ~ Mrs. Brower
- CJSF meeting in room 20 Wednesday during 8th grade lunch - 12:30 - 1:01 p.m. ~ Mrs. Kalman
- Bruins Believe in Kindness Club in room 34 Wednesday @ 2:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. ~ Mrs. Fortino
- Launch, Land and Expand – Tech Challenge - meeting in room 5 Wednesday @ 2:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. ~ Mrs. Groppe
- Yearbook meeting in room 45 Wednesday @ 2:45 p.m. ~ Mrs. Garrido & Mrs. Kalman
- Gamers Guild in room 20 Thursday @ 2:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. ~ Mrs. Kalman, Mr. Feisthamel & Mr. Bryde
- Multicultural Club in the Library Friday @ 2:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. ~ Mrs. Pascual Domingo
Please email the club coordinator is you should have any questions: https://brownell.gilroyunified.org/our-staff
Kindness Club Coin Drive
Coin Drive for the Kindness Club!!!
Students can drop off change in Room 34 daily until December 11th. We will be purchasing toys for pets in our local animal shelter just in time for Christmas!
Friday, November 22 - CJSF Spirit Day, Movember Day (Mustache Day)
Sports Update: THIS WEEK
Practice @ Brownell Nov. 18 and Nov 20 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. in the MPR
Game vs Britton @ Brownell – 4:00 p.m. Nov 19
Division Final @ South Valley 3:00 p.m. (1 p.m. Weight-in) – Nov 21
Any questions, please contact Coach Corona @ email@example.com.
6th/7th Boys Basketball Try-outs
Wednesday November 20, 3:00-4:00 p.m.
Thursday November 21, 3:00-4:00 p.m.
Friday November 22, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
Please bring indoor and outdoor shoes. Please contact Mr. Barry with any question.
8th Grade Boys Basketball Try-outs
Thursday November 21, 3:00-4:30
Friday November 22, 3:00-4:30
Please bring indoor and outdoor shoes. Please contact Mr. Santiago with any questions.
6/7th Grade Girls Basketball
Monday - Practice
Tuesday - Game @ Brownell vs Herman 3:30 p.m. (home)
6th/7th Grade Girls Basketball, Contact Coach Santiago with any questions.
8th Grade Girls basketball practice will be from 3:45 until 5:00 p.m. on Monday, Nov 18
8th Grade Girls Basketball next practice schedule, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Incoming 9th Graders NEWS: GECA Application Period Closes this Friday, Nov 22nd
Applications: GECA began accepting applications October 14th, but the application period closes on November 22nd.
Recommendation forms: Instructions to recommenders to submit forms only via e-mail or fax directly to the school from the recommender, and GECA will accept recommendation forms between November 18 - December 13th.
Please download application on GECA website: or by clicking the buttons below:
DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS YEAR'S YEARBOOK
Online ordering is available again this year!
Yearbooks are $45. The book with a nameplate is $53.50 or the book with a nameplate and up to two symbols/icons is $55.50 (available until Jan. 10).
- To order in person, order forms are available using the link below, in the front office and Room 20. Cash or checks are accepted. Make checks out to Brownell Middle School. Be sure to get a receipt.
- To order online, go to Yearbook Order on-line and use school code 6480.
Please download yearbook forms below:
Yearbook Dedication 2019-20
All forms, money and photos must be receive by Friday, Feb 21, 2020, to be included in the 2019-20 yearbooks. Space are available on a first come first served basis.
Thank you for supporting our school!!!