Here's what's happening at Brownell during the week of November 12. Keep up with Brownell events by bookmarking the updated calendar!
Monday, November 11th – NO SCHOOL
Clubs Update: THIS WEEK
- ASB meeting in room 44 Tuesday @ 2:46 - 3:15 p.m., Officers until 3:30 p.m. ~ Mrs. Brower
- CJSF meeting in room 20 Wednesday during 8th grade lunch - 12:30 - 1:01 p.m. ~ Mrs. Kalman
- Bruins Believe in Kindness Club in room 34 Wednesday @ 2:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. ~ Mrs. Fortino
- Launch, Land and Expand – meeting in room 5 Wednesday @ 2:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. ~ Mrs. Groppe
- Yearbook meeting in room 45 Wednesday @ 2:45 p.m. ~ Mrs. Garrido & Mrs. Kalman
- Gamers Guild in room 20 Thursday @ 2:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. ~ Mrs. Kalman, Mr. Feisthamel & Mr. Bryde
- Multicultural Club in the Library Friday @ 2:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. ~ Mrs. Pascual Domingo
Please email the club coordinator is you should have any questions: https://brownell.gilroyunified.org/our-staff
Kindness Club Coin Drive
Coin Drive for the Kindness Club!!!
Students can drop off change in Room 34 daily until December 11th. We will be purchasing toys for pets in our local animal shelter just in time for Christmas!
Sports Update: THIS WEEK
Practice @ Brownell Nov. 11th 9-11:00 a.m. Nov 13th 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. in the MPR; Nov. 15th @ Antdawgs (optional)
Game vs South Valley @ SVMS - 4:00 p.m. – Nov 12th
Game vs Valley Christian @ Valley Christian – 4:00 p.m. – Nov 14th
Any questions, please contact Coach Corona @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
6/7th Grade Girls Basketball:
Monday - Practice
Tuesday - Game @ Brownell vs Britton @ 3:45 p.m.
Wednesday - Practice
Thursday - Game @ SVMS vs SVMS @ 3:00 - 4:30 p.m.
8th Grade Girls Basketball next practice schedule, Email: email@example.com
6th/7th Grade Girls Basketball, Contact Coach Santiago with any questions.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pop UP Library During Lunches - Schedule for 2019-20
The Santa Clara County Library Book Mobile will be on our Brownell campus this week on Thursday during lunches. We are so fortunate to have them every second Thursday of the month. Please do not forget to say “thank you” to all the SCCLD volunteers.
Incoming 9th Graders NEWS:
Applications: GECA began accepting applications October 14th, but the application period closes on November 22nd.
Recommendation forms: Instructions to recommenders to submit forms only via e-mail or fax directly to the school from the recommender, and GECA will accept recommendation forms between November 18 - December 13th.
Please download application on GECA website: or by clicking the buttons below:
Don't Miss Out On This Year's Yearbook
Online ordering is available again this year!
Yearbooks are $45. The book with a nameplate is $53.50 or the book with a nameplate and up to two symbols/icons is $55.50 (available until Jan. 10).
- To order in person, order forms are available using the link below, in the front office and Room 20. Cash or checks are accepted. Make checks out to Brownell Middle School. Be sure to get a receipt.
- To order online, go to Yearbook Order on-line and use school code 6480.
Please download yearbook forms below:
Yearbook Dedication 2019-20
All forms, money and photos must be receive by Friday, Feb 21, 2020, to be included in the 2019-20 yearbooks. Space are available on a first come first served basis.
Thank you for supporting our school!!!