Kara Armijo: Kara.Armijo@GilroyUnified.org
Ms. Armijo assists students with last names beginning with A-M.
"The mission statement for Brownell Middle School’s Counseling Department is to provide a school counseling program that cultivates and inspires continual growth and resilience. Throughout middle school, we will assist our students with their academic, social-emotional and college & career readiness. We are committed to working collaboratively with all stakeholders, as we are all invested in our students’ success."
Counseling Department Goals
- To assist students with educational, college, career and personal goal planning.
- To provide College and Career Awareness information and presentations.
- To help students understand themselves and others.
- To assist students with conflict resolution.
- To facilitate the identification of students with special needs.
- To provide crisis intervention when necessary.
- To coordinate referrals to school and community support services.
- To serve as a resource to students, parents, teachers, and administrators.