Bear Den starts immediately the first quarter of the school year.
- This is a program designed to assist students in meeting standards, and credit recovery for students missing assignments.
- Students that do not complete homework are referred by teachers to the main administration at scheduled intervals.
- Once referred, students are placed on a Bear Den list, and are expected to gather their lunch and come into the Bear Den classroom for tutoring and completion of their assigned work.
- Students are assigned for a two week block of time, Monday through Friday during lunch, and may exit early if all work is completed.
- Students are assigned to Bear Den unless a parent opts their student out.
- We strongly urge families not to opt out of the program as most students are able to get back on track academically within the first session.
- Our goal is to assist students in not receiving 0’s for assignments and provide a place where they can get help needed for any assignments they did not understand.
- This program allows students to still earn some credit, grow academically, and have the support of teaching staff and college tutors.
- Students learn good learning habits by attending this program.
- Since Bear Den is open during lunches, some students find this program a place for them to feel safe, meet another friend, and express their inner thoughts with their peers in a classroom environment.
Thank you to all students, parents, and teachers for making this program a success!